In our group of Electrochemical Energy Technology Group at PKU, we are interested in solving the most urgent and tough energy problems in front of us, and we tackle the problems from the perspective of electrochemistry. We aim to develop efficient, reliable and yet low-cost batteries, geared towards grid energy storage and electric transportation, both of which are critical sectors for a clean and renewable future. We also aim to extend our expertise to develop electrochemical solutions for solving the pressing questions pertaining to fossil fuel shortage, CO2 accumulation, innovation on resources recycling and exploitation. One thrust of our research is to develop new chemical systems and materials/chemical solutions (electrolytes, electrodes) towards our envisioned systems and applications, and the other is to understand the chemical/materials origin and mechanism of how it works or fails, by applying a range of characterization techniques developed by us and the field.
Postdoc and Graduate Student Position Openings:
1. Development of materials and chemical solutions for batteries
2. Fundamental understanding of electrochemical processes in batteries
3. Development of new electrochemical systems for energy and environmental applications
1. Hold or will hold a PhD degree in Chemistry (electrochemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry), Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering.
2. Demonstrated scientific publications
3. Highly motivated to do electrochemical research.
Graduate PhD Student Requirement:
1. Hold or will hold a BSc or MSc degree in Chemistry (electrochemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry), Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering.
2. Highly motivated to do electrochemical research.
The PI: Dr. Quanquan Pang
2014 – 2017 Ph.D. University of Waterloo, Chemistry, Canada
2017 – 2020 Postdoctoral Associate Materials Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
2020 – present Assistant Professor College of Engineering, Peking University
We always welcome highly motivated international and national PhD students from overseas to reach out by email to discuss possibilities of joining our group and working on exciting projects as PhD students and postdoc fellows. Please send an email to email@example.com (cc firstname.lastname@example.org) with your interests and CV.