1993-1997 Ph.D., Computational Fluid Dynamics, Peking University
1990-1993 M.S., Computational Fluid Dynamics, Peking University
1986-1990 B.S., Applied Mechanics, Department of Mathematics, Jilin University, Changchun
1999-Present Associate Professor, Peking University
2006-2006 Visiting Associate Professor, National University of Singapore
2002-2003 Visiting Associate Professor, The Johns Hopkins University, USA
1997-1999 Postdoctor Researcher, Laboratory of Computational Physics, Institute of Applied Physics and Computational Mathematics
Research Areas and Interests
1. Visualization, The Graphical Software for Numerical Computation
2. Generation and Remeshing of Structured and Unstructured Meshes
3. Numerical Schemes on Unstructured Meshes for High Speed Flows
4. Conservative Remapping and ICF Simulation
5. High Accurate Numerical Methods
6. Direct Numerical Simulation for Turbulence and Parellel Computation
1. Computational Fluid Dynamics,
2. Computational Method,
3. Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics,
4. Methods of Mathematic and Physics,
5. Advanced Mathematics D.
1. Cai, Q., CONTINUOUS NEWTON METHOD FOR NONLINEAR PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION. Modern Physics Letters B, 2010. 24(13): p. 1303-1306
2. Chen, S., Jin, C., Li, C., Cai, Q., Gas-kinetic scheme with discontinuous derivative for low speed flow computation. Journal of Computational Physics, 2011. 230(5): p. 2045-2059.
3. Q. D. Cai, Lattice Boltzmann simulation of flows in bifurcate channel at rotating inflow boundary conditions and resulted different outflow fluxes. Acta Mechanica Sinica 2011, Vol. 27(4) :510-518
4. Cai, Q.-D. and S. Chen, A Memory-Saving Algorithm for Spectral Method of Three-Dimensional Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence. Commun. Comput. Phys., 2011. 9(5): p. 1152-1164.
5. Songze Chen, Kun Xu, Cunbiao Lee, Qingdong Cai. A unified gas kinetic scheme with moving mesh and velocity space adaptation, Journal of Computational Physics, 2012. 231: p. 6643-6664.
6. Yu Chen, Qinjun Kang, Qingdong Cai, Moran Wang and Dongxiao Zhang. Lattice Boltzmann Simulation of Particle Motion in Binary Immiscible Fluids. Communications in Computational Physics, Vol. 18, No. 3 (2015), pp. 757 - 786
7. Gai Jie, Xia Zhenhua, Cai Qingdong and Chen Shiyi. Turbulent statistics and flow structures in spanwise-rotating turbulent plane Couette flows. PHYSICAL REVIEW FLUIDS 1, 054401 (2016)
8. Cai, Q., Gai, J., Sun, Z., & Xia, Z. Quad-decomposition of velocity field in spanwise-rotating turbulent plane couette flows. International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences & Numerical Simulation，Vol.17 (6): 305-314, 2016
9. Pan Zhang, Zhenhua Xia and Qingdong Cai. An h-adaptive implicit immersed boundary-lattice Boltzmann flux solver based on JASMIN AMR package. Computer & Fluids, 161 (2018) 14–22
10. Liu, Z. and Cai, Q. Grid Average and Nodal Value in High Order Scheme. Journal of Mechanics, 1-8. doi:10.1017/jmech.2018.24
11. Pan Zhang, Zhenhua Xia and Qingdong Cai. Direct Numerical Simulation of a Freely Falling Thick Disk. Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 2019, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 75-84
12. LIU, Z.Y., YANG, Y.T., and CAI, Q.D. Neural network as a function approximator and its application in solving differential equations. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 40(2), 237–248 (2019) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10483-019-2429-8