2005 Ph.D., National University of Singapore,
2001 M.S.C., National University of Singapore,
1993 M.B.B.S., Peking University.
Areas of Research
1999, Sasagawa Clinical Fellowship (Ministry of Health, PRC)
2006, Singapore Millennium Scholar, Singapore
Selected Research Publications
1. Diverse Effects of Pulsed Electrical Stimulation on Cells – with a Focus on Chondrocytes and Cartilage Regeneration. European Cells & Materials, 38:79-93(2019)
2. Nanosecond Pulsed Electric Fields Enhanced Chondrogenic Potential of Mesenchymal Stem Cells via JNK/CREB-STAT3 Signaling Pathway. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 10(1):45-56(2019).
3. TGF-β1 affinity peptides incorporated within a chitosan sponge scaffold can significantly enhance cartilage regeneration. Journal of Materials Chemistry B 2018, 6 (4), 675-687.
4. Enhancement of the Chondrogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Cartilage Repair by Ghrelin. Journal of Orthopaedic Research (DOI 10.1002/jor.24224)
5. Fabrication, Mechanical Properties, and Biocompatibility of Graphene-Reinforced Chitosan Composites. Biomacromolecules, 11 (9):2345–2351 (2010).