•B.Eng., Aerospace Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China
•M.Eng., Automatic Control, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
•Ph.D., Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom.
Aeroacoustics, flow control, flight control, array signal processing.
The research of our team focuses on two directions which are aeroacoustics and control. We investigate aeroacoustics with both computational and experimental methods, and have already set up large scale computational codes and developed a couple of array experimental equipments. All these techniques are being applied to specific engineering applications to reduce noise from civil aircraft and resolve noise fatigue from hypersonic vehicles. We are also working on flow control with the particular objective of noise attenuation. In addition to classical topics in flow control, such as separation and transition, our interests are largely on actuator side (e.g. plasma actuators) and control-oriented modeling. At last but not the least, the team also has expertise in electronics and real-time control, and practiced various engineering designs for aerospace applications. In summary the research in our team is quite multi-discipline that can be reflected by our works in array signal processing, which include electronic and mechanical designs, wind tunnel test capability, array signal processing and aeroacoustic and fluid dynamics.
2019-2021, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Associate Editor
2019, AIAA Associate Fellow
2015-2018, Royal Society Newton Advanced Fellow
2015-Present, Acta Mechanica Sinica, Editorial Board Member
2009-Present, Journal of Aeroacoustics, Editorial Board Member
Selected Journal Publications
1. Xun Huang*, Deep neural networks for waves assisted by the Wiener-Hopf method, Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences, 2020.
2. P. W. Kwan Xun Huang*, A pedagogical study of aerodynamic feedback control by dielectric barrier discharge plasma, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2020, Vol. 67(1): 451-460.
3. H. X. Bu* W. J. Yu P. W. Kwan Xun Huang*, Wind-tunnel investigation on the compressive-sensing technique for aeroengine fan noise detection, AIAA Journal, 2018, Vol. 56(9): 3536-3546.
4. H. B. Jiang A. S. H. Lau Xun Huang*, Sound wave scattering in a flow duct with azimuthally non-uniform liners, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2018, Vol. 839: 644-662.
5. Xun Huang*, Theoretical model of acoustics scattering from a flat plate with serrations, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2017, Vol. 819: 228-257.