09.2015 — Present Associate Professor, Department of Industrial & Management Engineering, Peking University, China
07.2012 — 07.2015 Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial & Management Engineering, Peking University, China
02.2011 — 05.2012 Postdoc fellow & Instructor, Department of Industrial & System Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
09.2004 - 07.2010 Tsinghua University Industrial Engineering Ph.D. 2004-2010
09.2007 - 09.2008 Georgia Institute of Technology Industrial & System Engineering Joined Ph.D. 2007-2008
09.2000 - 07.2004 Peking University School of Mathematics Bachelor
Stochastic Modeling, Simulation Optimization, Service Engineering Management
Honors and Awards
Undergraduate: Engineering Economics, Simulation Modeling and Analysis, Probability and Mathematical Statistics
Postgraduate: Simulation Modeling and Analysis, Service Engineering and Management, Complex System Stochastic Modeling and Evaluation
Selected Recent Publications
1. Xin Pan, Jie Song*, Fan Zhang.” Dynamic recommendation of physician assortment with patient preference learning”. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. Online first, http://doi:10.1109/TASE.2018.2839651.
2. Jianpei Wen, Jie Song. "A stochastic queueing model for capacity allocation in the hierarchical healthcare delivery system". Accepted by Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research.
3. Jie Song*, Yaqing Bai, Jianpei Wen.” Optimal appointment rule design in an outpatient department”. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. Online first, http://doi: 10.1109/TASE.2018.2794335
4. Jingsi Huang, Jie Song*. "Optimal inventory control with sequential online auction in agriculture supply chain: An agent-based simulation optimization approach" Accepted by International Journal of Production Research. Online first, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2017.1373203
5. Jie Song, Pan Xin, Chao Lu, Hanchen XU. "A simulation-based optimization method for hybrid frequency regulation system configuration" Energies . Online first, DOI:10.3390/en10091302
1. Jie Song, Yunzhe Qiu. "A Multi-objective Simulation Optimization of the Macro-level Patient Flow Distribution". in Healthcare Analytics: From Data to Knowledge to Healthcare Improvement, H. Yang and E.K. Lee Ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
2. Jianpei, Jie Song. "A Multi-agent-based Simulation Model to Analyze Patients’ Hospital Selection in Hierarchical Health-care Systems" to appear in Stochastic Modeling and Analytics in Healthcare Systems, J. Li, N. Kong and X. Xie Ed., World Scientific Publishing, 2017.
3. Jie Song, Su Wu. "Patient flow simulation modeling and analysis in urban healthcare delivery system". The Healthcare Management and policy research in Capital. ISBN:9787200088908, Beijing Yanshan Press, 2010.
IEEE member / IIE member / INFORMS member
IEEE Robotic and Automation Society / Automation in Health Care Management Technical Committee Co-Chair
Associate Editor: IEEE Automation Science and Engineering;Flexible Services and Manufacturing journal; IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, 2014, 2017.
Guest Editor: IEEE Automation Science and Engineering Special Issue on” Automation Science and Engineering for Smart and Interconnected Healthcare Delivery Systems”.; International Journal of Simulation, Modeling and Process special issue on Simulation Modelling and Optimisation of Large-scale Systems
Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control; IEEE Transaction on Automation and Science; Automatica; Annuals of Operations Research; Optimization Letter; Flexible Services and Manufacturing; International journal of Production Research; Computers & Industrial Engineering; Computer Operations Research; Production and Operations Management Journal. IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering(Year 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017);
IEEE CASE (Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
INFORMS (Year 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016)
The 44th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems,2010
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences annual conference 2011;
The 8th IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, 2013, Finance Chair