2011.09-2015.08 University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin, USA Ph.D. Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering, M.S. Dept. of Statistics
2009.08-2011.05 Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA, M.S. School of Mechanical Engineering
2005.08-2009.07 Tsinghua University, Beijing, China B.S. Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- Quality, Reliability and Applied Statistics
- Data analytics for system/process monitoring and improvement
- Data driven system fault detection, diagnosis and prognostics;
- Big data analytics for smart and connected systems
- Advanced/Smart manufacturing (3D printing, nanocomposites manufacutring)
Wu's research interests focus on statistical modeling, monitoring and control of complex manufacturing (e.g., nanomanufacturing and 3D printing) and service systems/processes for system design, quality control and performance improvement through integrated applications of sensing technology, engineering domain knowledge and advanced data analytics.
• Data analytics for manufacturing system improvement: quality characterization and quantification; sensor/microscopic images data collection; nondestructive inspection and monitoring; physical process modeling and statistical calibration.
• Data driven system fault detection, diagnosis and prognostics: changes detection; root causes identification; integration of reliability theory, statistical modeling with engineering/domain knowledge for fault management in manufacturing, energy and service systems.
• Bayesian and stochastic filtering for engineering system control and improvement: spatial or temporal modeling of processes; Bayesian inference of state space models; sequential Monte Carlo method development.
Selected Recent Publications
- Jianguo Wu*, Yuan Yuan, Xiaochun Li, "Size Distribution Estimation of 3D Particle Clusters in Metal Matrix Nanocomposites Considering Sampling Bias", ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2017, 139(8): 081017
- Yuxin Wen, Jianguo Wu*, Yuan Yuan, “Multiple Phase Modeling of Degadation Signal for Condition Monitoring and Remaining Useful Life Prediction”, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 2017, 66(3): 924-938.
- Jianguo Wu, Yuhang Liu, Shiyu Zhou*, Bayesian Hierarchical Linear Modeling of Profile Data with Applications to Quality Control of Nanomanufacturing, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 2016, 13(3):1355-66.
- Jianguo Wu, Yong Chen, Shiyu Zhou*, “Online Detection of Steady-state Operation using a Multiple Change-point Model and Exact Bayesian Inference”, IISE Transactions, 2016, 48(7): 599-613
- Jianguo Wu, Yong Chen, Shiyu Zhou*, Xiaochun Li, “Online steady-state detection for process control using multiple change-point models and particle filters”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 2016, 13(2): 688-700
- Jianguo Wu, Shiyu Zhou*, Xiaochun Li, “Ultrasonic Attenuation Based Inspection Method for Scale-up Production of A206–Al2O3 Metal Matrix Nanocomposites”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2015, 137(1): 011013.
- Jianguo Wu, Shiyu Zhou*, Xiaochun Li, “Acoustic emission monitoring for ultrasonic cavitation based dispersion process”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2013, 135(3): 031015.
- Member of IIE, INFORMS, SME
- Referee for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, IISE Transactions, Technometrics, International Journal of Production Research, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering; ASEE conference
- Session chair: QSR INFORMS Annual Meeting, QSR IISE Annual Conference, The Southwest Emerging Technology Symposium
- President, SME Student Chapter at UW-Madison