Sep. 2005 - July 2010 Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, Peking University
Sep. 2001 - July 2005 B.S Materials Chemistry, Chinese University of Geoscience (Beijing), China
July 2015 – 2013 Assistant Professor, College of Engineering, Peking University, China
Oct. 2010- June 2015 Post-doctoral fellow, University of California, Los Angeles
Research Areas and Interests
Research areas in the Huanping Zhou Group include synthesis of functional inorganic and organic-inorganic hybrid materials, inorganic and hybrid electronic device design and fabrication, and applications development for inorganic or hybrid optoelectronics. Our approach is multidisciplinary, involving concepts and expertise from chemistry, catalytic chemistry, materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, physics, and electrical engineering. The chemical synthesis and materials design is carried out in multiple length scales, including building-block synthesis in molecular/nano-scale, thin-film growth in sub-micro-scale, and device design and system integration in macroscopic-scale. These are used as characterization tools for fundamental synthetic chemistry and nano/microstructure studies, thin film growth, interface engineering, photochemistry, and photophysics. The devices of current interest are inorganic and organic-inorganic hybrid materials based thin film photovoltaics, solar fuel, thin film transistors, light emitting diode, chemical sensors and photodetectors.
Professional Honors and Awards
•2014 Chancellor's Award for Postdoctoral Research, UCLA
•2010 Excellent Thesis of Doctor’s Degree, Peking University
•2005 Outstanding graduate of Beijing
•Guest Editor: Thin Solid Film “Perovskite” special issue
•Members of MRS
Journal Referee: Nature Energy, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Science Adv., Nano Lett., ACS Nano., Adv. Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., Energy Environ. Sci., Chem. Mater., Inorg. Chem., J. Mater. Chem. A, J. Mater. Chem. C, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., Chem. Commun., ACS Appl. Mater. Inter., Nanoscale, etc.
1. Qi Chen+, Huanping Zhou+*, Yihao Fang, Tze-bin Song, Xiaobao Xu, Adam Stieg, Yongsheng Liu, Shirong Lu, Jingbi You, Pengyu Sun, Yang Yang* “The electronic role of chlorine in perovskite solar cell” Nature Commun. 2015, 6, 7269. (Co-first author, Corresponding author)
2. Huanping Zhou, Qi Chen, Gang Li, Song Luo, Ziruo Hong, Tze-bin Song, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Yang Yang* “Interface engineering of highly efficient perovskite solar cell” Science, 2014, 345, 542-546.
3. Qi Chen+, Huanping Zhou+*, Tze-bin Song, Song Luo, Ziruo Hong, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Letian Dou, Yongsheng Liu, Yang Yang* “Controllable self-induced passivation for perovskite solar cell toward high performance” Nano Lett.,2014, 14, 4158–4163. (Co-first author, Corresponding author)
4. Wan-Ching Hsu+, Huanping Zhou+*, Song Luo, Tze-bin Song, Shenglin Ye, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Chia-Jung Hsu and Yang Yang* “Spatial composition dependent fully solution- processed 8.5% Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 by nanocrystal approach” ACS Nano, 2014, DOI:10.1021/nn503992e. (Co-first author, Corresponding author)
5. Qi Chen+, Huanping Zhou+*, Ziruo Hong, Song Luo, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Hsin-Hua Wang, Yongsheng Liu, Gang Li, Yang Yang* “Planar heterojuction perovskite solar cells via novel solution process” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 622−625. (Co-first author, Corresponding author) (ACS selection)
6. Huanping Zhou, Tze-Bin Song, Wan-Ching Hsu, Song Luo, Shenglin Ye, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Chia-Jung Hsu, Wen-bing Yang, Yang Yang*; “Rational defect passivation of Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 photovoltaics with solution-processed Cu2ZnSnS4:Na nanocrystals” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 15998-16001.
7. Huan-Ping Zhou, HaoShuai Wu, Jie Shen, An-Xiang Yin, Ling-Dong Sun, Chun-Hua Yan*; “Thermally stable Pt/CeO2 hetero-nanocomposites with high catalytic activity.” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 4998-4999.
8. Huan-Ping Zhou, Chun-Hu Xu, Wei Sun, Chun-Hua Yan*; “Clean and Flexible Modification Strategy for Carboxyl/Aldehyde-Functionalized Upconversion Nanoparticles and Their Optical Application” Adv. Funct. Mater., 2009, 19, 3892-3900.