The Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics was established in 2010 to offer Peking University students unique educational and career opportunities in aerospace, one of the most interesting and exciting disciplines in engineering and science. The main objective of the department is to prepare students for future success and leadership in aircraft and space vehicle design, implementation and operation. It hopes to achieve this objective through commitment to educational excellence and faculties' achievements of research distinction.
For now the department mainly specializes in:
• Turbulence and Combustion in Engines of the Next Generation
• Space Vehicle Dynamics Simulation and Control
• Flow Problems for Hypersonic Vehicle
• General Mechanics, Collision and Multi-body Dynamics
• Aerospace Materials and Structures
• Aircraft and Space Vehicle Design
• Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Aeroacoustics and Quiet Vehicle
• Satellite Navigation Engineering
• Space Information Processing and Application
The department’s primary mission is to continue developing innovative engineering methods and integrating new theoretical methods into modern aerospace systems.