2008-2014, Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Brown University
2005-2008, M.Sci. in Solid Mechanics, Peking University
2001-2005, B. Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Peking University
11/2016-present, Assistant Professor, College of Engineering, Peking University
07/2016-11/2016, Postdoctoral Researcher, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College
09/2014-06/2016, Postdoctoral Researcher, School of Engineering, Brown University
Reviewer for Journal of the Mechanics of Physics and Solids, Physical Review Letters, ACS Nano, Nanoscale, Carbon, Soft Matter, Langmuir, Scientific Reports, Journal of Applied Physics, Biomaterials Science, and Physics Letters A.
We are seeking highly motivated and creative postdoctoral researchers and graduate students interested in biophysics, soft matter system, and micro/nanoengineering. Interested candidates please visit our group webpage for general information.
We also welcome undergraduate students to gain research experience in our group.
Selected Journal Publications
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-9975-2008
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=fvWzq_QAAAAJ&hl=en
1. X. Yi and H. J. Gao, Kinetics of receptor-mediated endocytosis of elastic nanoparticles. Nanoscale 9, 454 (2017).
2. W. P. Zhu, A. von dem Bussche, X. Yi, Y. Qiu, Z. Y. Wang, P. Weston, R. H. Hurt, A. B. Kane and H. J. Gao, Nanomechanical mechanism for lipid bilayer damage induced by carbon nanotubes confined in intracellular vesicles. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 113, 12374 (2016).
3. Z. Y. Wang, W. P. Zhu, Y. Qiu, X. Yi, A. von dem Bussche, A. Kane, H. J. Gao, K. Koski and R. Hurt, Biological and environmental interactions of emerging two-dimensional nanomaterials. Chemical Society Reviews 45, 1750 (2016).
4. X. Yi and H. J. Gao, Cell interaction with graphene microsheets: Near-orthogonal cutting versus parallel attachment. Nanoscale 7, 5457 (2015).
5. X. Yi and H. J. Gao, Phase diagrams and morphological evolution in wrapping of rod-shaped elastic nanoparticles by cell membrane: A two-dimensional study. Physical Review E 89, 062712 (2014).
6. X. Yi, X. H. Shi and H. J. Gao, A universal law for cell uptake of one-dimensional nanomaterials. Nano Letters 14, 1049 (2014).
7. X. Yi, X. H. Shi and H. J. Gao, Cellular uptake of elastic nanoparticles. Physical Review Letters 107, 098101 (2011).
8. X. Yi and H. L. Duan, Surface stress induced by interactions of adsorbates and its effect on deformation and frequency of microcantilever sensors. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 57, 1254 (2009).
9. H. L. Duan, X. Yi, Z. P. Huang and J. X. Wang, A unified scheme for prediction of effective moduli of multiphase composites with interface effects. Part I: Theoretical framework. Mechanics of Materials 39, 81 (2007).
10. H. L. Duan, X. Yi, Z. P. Huang and J. X. Wang, A unified scheme for prediction of effective moduli of multiphase composites with interface effects: Part II—Application and scaling laws. Mechanics of Materials 39, 94 (2007).
Awards and Honor
Young Scholars of the Thousand Talents Plan (2016)