• B. S., Earth Sciences, Nanjing University (1978-1982)
• M.S., Earth Sciences, Nanjing University (1982-1985)
• Ph.D., Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University (1985-1989)
Aeronautics and Astronautics Information Engineering
Geographic Information Engineering
The overall objective of the Cheng’s research team focuses on the organization theories and methods of spatial information, which mainly relate to global spatial information sharing organization, storage organization and service organization.
Spatial information organization lies throughout the whole spatial information process, which includes spatial information acquisition, processing, storage and distribution applications. Its main tasks include spatial information classification, spatial information coding, storage resource allocation, spatial information index, structural representation, creation of application service systems, and so on.
In recent years, Cheng’s key research focuses on the spatial information organization framework based on global subdivision theory and the corresponding spatial information organization models, which mainly include spatial information block reference, coding model, storage model, computing model, distribution model, and representation model.
• Launched the earliest raster geographic information system platform (Spaceman) in 1992.
• Presided over and developed the RS/GIS/GPS integration platform system (Citystar) as an important representative of domestic GIS platforms in 1993.
• Presided over and completed a number of national and provincial major scientific research projects, and tutored more than forty masters and doctors in recent years.
• 1st Prize, National Science and Technology Progress Award.
• 1st Prize, Ministry of Education Award for Science and Technology Progress.
• A number of Science and Technology Awards by Ministry of Environmental Protection and the provinces.
• Chief Scientist, National Major Basic Research Program (973).
• Deputy Director: Expert Group of a National Integration System
• Expert Member: A Theme Expert Group of National "Eleventh Five-Year" (863)
• Director: A key Project in National Aerospace Technology (863)
• Chairman: GIS Engineering and Applications Committee (CAGIS)
• Expert Member: Expert Group of the National Major Science and Technology Project "High-resolution Earth Observation System"
1. C.Q. Cheng and X.F. Lü, “Study on System Architecture of Subdivision Storage Cluster for Global Spatial Data,” Acta Sci. Natur. Univ. Pek. 47(1) (2011) 103.
2. B.Cheng and C.Q. Cheng, “Unsymmetrical Multi-limit Iterative Blind Deconvolution Algorithm for Adaptive Optics Image Restoration,” High Pow. Las. Part. Beams. 23(2) (2011) 313.
3. C.Q. Cheng and L. Guan, “The Global Subdivision Grid Based on ExtendedMapping Division and Its Address Coding,” Acta Geod. Cart. Sin. 39(3) (2010) 295.
4. C.Q. Cheng and X.F. Lv, “A New Storage Architecture Based on Global Subdivision Theory for Spatial Data,” Int. Conf. Geoinformatics. IEEE. 2010.
5. H. Guo and C.Q. Cheng, “A Parallel Computing System of Remote Sensing Images Based on Global Subdivision Model,” Int. Conf. Geoinformatics. IEEE. 2010.
6. Y.B. Yang and C.Q. Cheng, “A Research on Multi-scale Expression Oriented Subdivisional Encoding Method,” Geogr. Geo-Inf. Sci. 26(5) (2010) 33.
7. C.Q. Cheng and H.H. Song, “Preliminary Studies on Global Geospatial Information Geocode Model and Application,” Acta Sci. Natur. Univ. Pek. 45(4) (2009) 663.
8. C.Q. Cheng and H. Guo, “Research on Image Information Representation Based on Partition Data Model,” Bull. Surv. Mapp. 10 (2009) 12.
9. C.Q. Cheng, and Q.Q. Li, “Research on Technology of Environmental Quality Estimation for Urban Flat by High Resolution Remote Sensing Imagery,” Adv. Earth Sci. 21(1) (2006) 24.
10. W. Yuan and C.Q. Cheng, “L Curve for Spherical Triangle Region Quadtrees,” Sci. China. Ser. E-Eng. Mat. Sci. 47(3) (2004) 265.627-54035