Oct.2002 - Sep.2005 Ph.D., Department of Material Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.
Sep1999 - Oct.2001 M.E., Department of Nuclear Fuel Recycle and Materials, China Institute of Atomic Energy.
Oct.1989 - Jul.1993 B.E., Department of Polymer Materials, Beijing University of Chemical Technology.
1. Fundamental Chemical Engineering (Undergraduate)
2. Analytical Technology for Physical and Chemical Properties of Materials (Graduate)
3. Fundamental Experiments for Energy and Resources Engineering (Undergraduate)
Research Areas and Interests
1. Synthesis of functional porous absorbents and their application on environment, energy and biomedical fields.
2. Preparation of nanofibers for tissue engineering and water treatment.
3. Preparation of hydrogels as absorbents for heavy metal ions and organic pollutants.
4. Preparation of biomimic porous scaffolds for tissue engineering.
Award for Excellent Post Doctors of Peking University, 2008. (For top 5% post doctor in PKU)
1. Cancan Li, Ling Xu, Maolin Zhai, Jing Peng, Jiuqiang Li. Overshooting Effect of Poly (dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate) Hydrogels. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2011, 120: 2027–2033.
2. Chao Yang, Xiaomian Wu, Yinghui Zhao, Ling Xu*, Shicheng Wei. Electrospinning of Poly (vinyl alcohol)/Gelatin Aqueous Solutions as Nanofibrous Scaffold for Fibroblast Cells. Journal of Applied Polymer Science (DOI: 33934). (corresponding author)
3. Long Zhao, Jian Sun, Yinghui Zhao, Ling Xu*, Maolinzhai. Removal of Hazardous Metal Ions from Wastewater by Radiation Synthesized Silica-graft-Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Adsorbent. Chemical Engineering Journal (DOI: 10.1016/j.cej.2011.03.047) (corresponding author)
4?Min Wang, Ling Xu*, Cancan Li, Zhiying Yue, Maolin Zhai, Jiuqiang Li. Antipolyelectrolyte Swelling of Amphiphilic Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Phthalate Gels. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 2010, 356: 89–96 (corresponding author)
5. Rui Fang, Enwei Zhang, Ling Xu*, Shicheng Wei. Electrospun PCL/PLA/HA Based Nanofibers as Scaffold for Osteoblast-like Cells. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnolody 2010, 10 (11): 7747-7751. (corresponding author)
6. Chao Yang, Ling Xu*, Ying Zhou, Xiangmei Zhang, Xin Huang, Min Wang, Ye Han, Maolin Zhai, Shicheng Wei, Jiuqiang Li. A green fabrication approach of gelatin/CM-chitosan hybrid hydrogel for wound healing. Carbohydrate Polymers 2010, 82: 1297-1305. (corresponding author)
7. Jingyi Qiu, Ziyue Wang, Huibo Li, Ling Xu*, Jing Peng , Maolin Zhai, Chao Yang, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Adsorption of Cr(VI) Using Silica-based Adsorbent Prepared by Radiation Induced Grafting. Journal of Hazardous Material 2009, 166: 270-276. (corresponding author)
8. Ling Xu*, Xin Li, Maolin Zhai, Jing Peng, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Specific F- Binding to Phenyl Ring of Aromatic Polymer. Journal of Fluorine Chemistry 2009, 130: 959–965. (corresponding author)
9. Cancan Li, Ling Xu, Jing Peng, Maolin Zhai, Chao Yang, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Effect of the Length of Alkyl Side Chains on the Swelling Behavior of Amphiphilic Gels Based on Hydrophobically Modified Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate. Polymer 50 (2009) 4888–4894.
10. Ling Xu, Maolin Zhai, Ling Huang, Jing Peng, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Specific Stimuli Responsive Antipolyelectrolyte Swelling of Amphiphilic Gel Based on Methacryloxyethyl Dimethyloctane Ammonium Bromide. Journal of Polymer Science, Part A. Polymer Chemistry 2008, 46: 473–480.
11. Ling Xu, Xin Li, Maolin Zhai, Ling Huang, Jing Peng, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Ion-specific Swelling of Poly (styrene sulfonic acid) Hydrogel. Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2007, 111: 3391-3397.
12. Ling Xu,Eisuke Yokoyama, Mitsuru Satoh, Interactions of Poly(4-vinyl phenol) with Hydrophobic Ions in Dispersion System, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects296 (1-3) (2007) 277-284.
13. Ling Xu, Zhiying Yue, Maolin Zhai, Fumio Yoshii, Noriaki Seko, Jing Peng, Genshuan Wei, Jiuqiang Li. Radiation Effects of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Phthalate in Aqueous System. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B265 (2007) 394–398.
14. Ling Xu, Kazunori Iwata, Shingo Kobayashi, Takashi Ishizone, Mitsuru Satoh. Salt resistivity of poly (4-vinyl benzoic acid) gel. Colloid and Polymer Science 2007, 285: 485–489.
15. Jingyi Qiu, Ling Xu, Jing Peng, Maolin Zhai?, Long Zhao, Jiuqiang Li, Genshuan Wei. Preparation and Characterization of Hybrid Hydrogel Based on Carboxymethylcellulose and Activated Carbon. Carbohydrate Polymer 2007, 70: 236–242.
16. Ling Xu, Hiroko Watando, Mitsuru Satoh, Effects of Chemical Modifications on the Swelling Behaviors of Poly (4-vinyl phenol) Gel, Colloid and Polymer Science 2006, 284 (8): 862-870.
17. Long Zhao, Ling Xu, Hiroshi Mitomo, Fumio Yoshii, Synthesis of pH-sensitive PVP/CM-chitoson Hydrogels with Improved Surface Properties by Irradiation, Carbohydrate Polymers 2006, 64: 473–480.
18. Yalong Zhang, Ling Xu, Min Yi, Maolin Zhai, Jianrui Wang, Hongfei Ha, Radiation synthesis of poly [(dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate)-co-(diallyl dimethyl ammonium chloride)] hydrogels and its application as a carrier for notoginsenoside delivery, European Polymer Journal 2006, 42: 2959–2967.
19. Ling Xu, Eisuke Yokoyama, Mitsuru Satoh?Specific Interactions of Poly (4-vinyl phenol) Gel with Cationic and Anionic Surfactants,Langmuir2005,21: 7153-7160.
20. Ling Xu, Eisuke Yokoyama, Hiroko Watando, Rei Okuda-Fukui, Susumu Kawauchi, Mitsuru Satoh, Specific Swelling Behaviors of Poly (4-vinyl phenol) Gels in Tetraalkylammonium Chloride Solutions, Langmuir 2004, 20: 7064-7069.
21. Ling Xu, Naotsugu Nagasawa, Fumio Yoshii, Tamikazu Kume, Synthesis of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Phthalate Gels in Organic Solvents by Radiation Crosslinking, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 92 (2004) 3002-3007.
22. Ling Xu, Naotsugu Nagasawa, Fumio Yoshii, Tamikazu Kume, Syntheses of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Phthalate Hydrogels in Na2CO3 aqueous solution with Electron Beam Irradiation, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2003, 89: 2123-2130.