2003 Ph. D. Automatic control, Peking University, Beijing, China, January
Dissertation: Robust Analysis and Synthesis of Global Properties of Uncertain Nonlinear Systems
Advisor: Prof. Lin Huang, Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
1999 M. S. Engr. Detecting, measuring technique & instrument, Yanshan University, China
1994 B. S. Engr. Detecting, measuring technique & instrument, Yanshan University, China
2014- Professor, College of Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China.
2005-2014 Associate Professor, College of Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China.
2010-2011 Visiting scholar, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
2004-2005 Lecturer, Department of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University, Beijing, China.
2003-2004 Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University, Beijing, China.
Robust control; Optimal control; Nonlinear control theory; Systems with multiple equilibria; Redundant control and control allocation; Fault detection and fault tolerant control.
• “Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry”, Autumn Semester, Undergraduates.
• “Advanced Algebra”, Autumn Semester, Undergraduates.
• “Linear System Theory”, Spring Semester, Graduates.
• “Optimal Control”, Spring Semester, Graduates.
• Creative Ph. D. Dissertation Award, Peking University, 2002.
• Nominating Prize of Kwan Chao-Chih Best Paper Award at 24th China Control Conference, 2005.
• Modern Education and Basic Teaching skills Award of Peking University, 2006.
• Natural Science Award of the Ministry of Education, 2011.
Professional Activities and Membership
• Visiting Scholar of Department of Computing, Curtin University of Technology, Australia, 2004.7-2004.8
• Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) from 2006
• Committee Member of Chinese Association for System Simulation (CASS) from 2007
• Committee Member of Chinese Association for Fault Detection and Safe Process from 2011
• Visiting Scholar of Institute of Automatic Control and Complex Systems, University of Duisburg- Essen, Germany, 2011.3-2012.2
• International Program Committee Member of 2014 International Conference on Complex and Hybrid Systems with Applications (ICCHSA2014).
Representative Research Projects
1. Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC): “Robust Analysis and Synthesis of Periodic Solutions of Nonlinear Systems with Cylindrical Phase Space”, PI, 2005-2007.
2. Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC): “Dynamic Analysis and Control of Phase Synchronization Systems”, PI, 2009-2011.
3. Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC): “Dynamic Control Allocation of Redundant Actuators: Theories and Algorithms”, PI, 2012-2015.
4. Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC): “Studies on Control of Complex Nonlinear Mechanical Systems”, Chief investigator, 2007-2011.
5. Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC): “Coordinate Control of Hypersonic Vehicle in Near Earth Space”, Chief investigator, 2007-2011.
6. National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program): “Cross-scale Micro-Gravity Compensation Based Base Control”, Chief investigator, 2012-2016.
1. Ying Yang, Lin Huang. H∞ controller synthesis for pendulum-like systems. Systems and Control Letters, 50(4)?263-274?2003
2. Ying Yang, Rao Fu and Lin Huang. Robust analysis and synthesis for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems with multiple equilibria. Systems and Control Letters, 53(2): 89-105, 2004
3. Ying Yang, Zhisheng Duan and Lin Huang. Nonexistence of periodic solutions in a class of dynamical systems with cylindrical phase space. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 15(4) : 1423--1431, 2005
4. Ying Yang, Zhisheng Duan and Lin Huang. Design of nonlinear interconnections guaranteeing the absence of periodic solutions. Systems and Control Letters, 55(4): 338--346, 2006
5. Ying Yang, Zhisheng Duan and Lin Huang, Robust dichotomy analysis and synthesis with application to an extended Chua's circuit, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Regular papers,54(9):2078--2086,2007
6. Lei Cui, Ying Yang*, Disturbance rejection and robust least squares control allocation in flight control system, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 34(6): 1632—1643, 2011
7. Ying Yang, Steven Ding, A control-theoretic study on iterative solutions to nonlinear equations for applications in embedded systems, Automatica, regular paper, 48(4): 583—594, 2012
8. Ying Yang*, Yong Zhang, Steven X. Ding and Linlin Li, Design and implementation of lifecycle management for industrial control applications, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2014.2367316, 2014
9. Yong Zhang, Ying Yang*, S. X. Ding and Linlin Li. Data-driven design and optimization of feedback control systems for industrial applications, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2014.2301757, 2014