December 2004 Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.
July 2000 M.S. in Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University.
July 1997 B.S. in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
Aug.2007-present Associate Professor, Dept. of Mechanics & Engineering Science, College of Engineering, Peking University
Oct.2005-July 2007 Lecturer, Dept. of Mechanics & Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University
1. Methods of Mathematical Physics I (Undergraduate Level)
2. Heat and Mass Transfer (Graduate Level)
Research Areas And Interests
1. Micro/Nanoscale Heat Transfer
2. Control of Thermal Radiation with Micro/Nano Structured Materials
3. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, BiofluidMechanics
4. Bio-Heat and Mass Transfer
1. Z.M. Zhang, C.J. Fu, and Q.Z. Zhu, "Optical and Thermal Radiative Properties of Semiconductors Related to Micro/Nanotechnology," Advances in Heat Transfer, Vol. 37, pp. 179-295, 2003. [Invited Review Chapter]
2. Z.M. Zhang and C.J. Fu, “Unusual Photon Tunneling in the Presence of a Layer with a Negative Refractive Index,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 80, pp.1097-1099, 2002.
3. C.J. Fuand Z.M. Zhang, “Transmission Enhancement Using a Negative-Refraction Layer,” Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, Vol. 7, pp. 221-234, 2003.
4. K. Park, B.J. Lee, C.J. Fu, and Z.M. Zhang, “Study of the Surface and Bulk Polaritons with a Negative Index Metamaterial,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Vol. 22, pp. 1016-1023, 2005.
5. C.J. Fu, Z.M. Zhang, and P.N. First, “The Brewster Angle with a Negative Index Material,” Applied Optics, Vol. 44, pp. 3716-3724, 2005.
6. C.J. Fu, Z.M. Zhang, and D.B. Tanner, “Planar Heterogeneous Structures for Coherent Emission of Radiation,” Optics Letters, Vol. 30, pp. 1873-1875, 2005.
7. B.J. Lee, C.J. Fu, and Z.M. Zhang, “Coherent Thermal Emission from One-dimensional Photonic Crystals,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 87, pp. 071904/1-3, 2005.
8. C.J. Fu, Z.M. Zhang, and D.B. Tanner, “Energy Transmission by Photon Tunneling in Multilayer Structures including Negative Index Materials,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 127, pp. 1046-1052, 2005.
9. C.J. Fuand Z.M. Zhang, "Nanoscale Radiation Heat Transfer for Silicon at Different Doping Levels," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 49, pp. 1703-1718, 2006.
10. Z.Y. Zhang, C.J. Fu, W.C. Tan, and C.Y. Wang “Onset of Oscillatory Convection in a Porous Cylinder Saturated with a Viscoelastic Fluid,” Physics of Fluids Vol. 19, pp. 098104/1-4, 2007.
11. C.J. Fu , Z.Y. Zhang, and W.C. Tan “Numerical Simulation of Thermal Convection of an Oldroyd-B Fluid in a Porous Layer Heated from Below,” Physics of Fluids Vol. 19, pp. 104107/1-14, 2007.
12. W.C. Tan, C.Q. Fu, C.J. Fu, W.J. Xie, and H. Cheng, “An Anomalous Subdiffusion Model for Calcium Spark in Cardiac Myocyte,”Applied Physics Letters Vol. 91, pp. 183901/1-3, 2007.
13. C.J. Fuand Z.M. Zhang, “Further Investigation of Coherent Thermal Emission from Single Negative Materials,” Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical EngineeringVol. 12, pp. 83-97, 2008.
14. J.X. Hong, L. Wei, C.J. Fu*, and W.C. Tan*, “Blood Flow and Macromolecular Transport in Complex Blood Vessels,” Clinical Biomechanics Vol. 23, pp. S125-S129, 2008. (*Corresponding Author)
15. Z.Y. Zhang, C.J. Fu , W.C. Tan, “Linear and Nonlinear Stability Analysis of Thermal Convection for Oldroyd-B Fluids in Porous Media Heated from Below,” Physics of Fluids Vol. 20, 084103/1-12, 2008.
16. C.J. Fu , W.C. Tan, “Semiconductor Thin Films Combined with Metallic Grating for Selective Improvement of Thermal Radiative Absorption/Emission,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer Vol. 131, 003105/1-8, 2009.
17. C.J. Fu , W.C. Tan, “Near-Field Radiative Heat Transfer between Two Plane Surfaces with One Having a Dielectric Coating,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer Vol. 110, 1027-1036, 2009.
18. C.J. Fu , Z.M. Zhang, “Thermal Radiative Properties of Metamaterials and Other Nanostructured Materials: A Review,” Frontiers of Energy and Power Engineering in China Vol. 3, pp. 11-26, 2009.
19. S. Basu, Z.M. Zhang, C.J. Fu , Review of Near-Field Thermal Radiation and its Application to Energy Conversion,” International Journal of Energy Research (in press).