Sep.1997 –Jul.2000 Ph. D., Control Theory, Department of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University.Supervisor: Professor HUANG Lin
Sep.1994 – Jul.1997 M.Sc., Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, Inner Mongolia University
Sep.1990 – Jul.1994 B.Sc., Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, Inner Mongolia Normal University
Aug. 2008 - Present Professor, Dept. of Mechanics and Engineering Science, College of Engineering, Peking University
Aug. 2003-Jul. 2008 Associate Professor, Dept. of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University
Jul. 2008-Aug. 2008 Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Electronic Engineering, City University of HongKong, HongKong
Jun. 2007-Aug. 2007 Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Electronic Engineering, City University of HongKong, HongKong
Jun. 2004-May 2005 Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering Science, Monash University, Australia
Jun. 2002-Jul. 2003 Lecturer, Dept. of Mechanics and Engineering Science, Peking University
Jul. 2000-Jun. 2002 Post-doctor, Peking University
Jan. 2008-Dec. 2009 Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I Regular Papers
Sep. 2006-Aug. 2011 Associate Editor, Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems-Series B
May 2008-May 2013 Editorial Board Member, Control Theory and Applications (in Chinese)
10th-13th Oct. 2008 Dean of Organizing Commitee, The Fourth Chinese Complex Network Conference
1st-3rd Dec. 2007 Technical Committee Member and Invited Presentation, The Third Chinese Complex Network Conference
Funds and Awards
1. National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars 61225013), 2013-2016.
2. First-class Award in Natural Science from Ministry of Education of China.
3. Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University of Ministry of Education of China
Robust Control, Flight Control, Complex Networks
In practical engineering, economic, biological area, the systems are always with large scales and composed of many subsystems with interconnections. Generally, small systems can form complex large-scale systems. In recent years, we have focused on the analysis and control of complex coupled systems. The interesting results show that sometimes some subsystems must be unstable to stabilize the whole coupled system, which is very useful for the coupled control of modern hypersonic aircrafts. Similarly to the modern economic systems, the highly developed economy is always along with the bankruptcy of small enterprises. This shows the complexity of coupled systems. In complex network systems, the redundant connections for synchronization behavior have been found with the help of algebraic graph theory. The intermittent synchronization behavior is shown through the existence of disconnected synchronized regions. A unified framework for complex network synchronization and multi-agent consensus is established. The multiple inputs in over-actuated systems are found useful for reducing the system performance indexes.
Selected Publications (out of >80)
1. Jinzhi Wang, Zhisheng Duan, Ying Yang, Lin Huang, Analysis and Control of Nonlinear Systems with Stationary Sets: Time-Domain and Frequency- Domain Methods, World Scientific, 2009.
2. Zhongkui Li, Zhisheng Duan, Guanrong Chen, Lin Huang, Consensus of multiagent systems and synchronization of complex networks: A unified viewpoint, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I, 57(1), 213-224, 2010.
3. Zhisheng Duan, Lin Huang, Ying Yang, The effects of redundant control inputs in optimal control, Science in China Series F, 52(11), 1973-1981, 2009.
4. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Guanrong Chen, Lin Huang, H2 norm accumulation and its impact on synchronization of complex dynamicl networks, International Journal of Control, 82(12), 2356-2364, 2009.
5. Zhisheng Duan, Guanrong Chen, Lin Huang, Disconnected synchronized regions of complex dynamical networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 54(4), 845-849, 2009.
6. Guanrong Chen, Zhisheng Duan, Network synchronizability analysis: A graph-theoretic approach, Chaos, 18, 037102, 2008.
7. Wang Qingyun, Zhisheng Duan, Matjaz Perc, Guanrong Chen, Synchronization transitions on small-world neuronal networks: Effects of information transmission delay and rewiring probability, Europhysics Letters, 83, 50008, 2008.
8. Zhisheng Duan, Chao Liu, Guanrong Chen, Network synchronizability analysis: The theory of subgraphs and complementary graphs, Physica D, 237(7?, 1006-1012, 2008.
9. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Guanrong Chen, Lin Huang, Stability analysis and decentralized control of a class of complex dynamical networks, Automatica,44, 1028-1035, 2008.
10. Zhisheng Duan, Guanrong Chen?Lin Huang, Complex network synchronizability: Analysis and control, Physical Review E, 76(2007)056103.
11. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Lin Huang, Criteria for dichotomy and gradient-like behavior of a class of nonlinear systems with multiple equilibria, Automatica, 43: 1583-1589, 2007.
12. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Lin Huang, Special decentralized control problems in discrete-time interconnected systems composed of two subsystems, Systems and Control Letters,2007,56(3): 206-214.
13. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Lin Huang, Some special decentralized control problems in continuous-time interconnected systems, Advances in Complex Systems, 2006, 9(3), 277-286.
14. Zhisheng Duan, Jingxin Zhang, Cishen Zhang, Edoardo Mosca. Robust H2 and H∞ filtering for uncertain linear systems, Automatica, 42(11), 1919-1926, 2006.
15. Zhisheng Duan, Jinzhi Wang, Lin Huang. Input and output coupled nonlinear systems. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Regular papers, 52(3), 567-575, 2005.
16. Zhisheng Duan, Lin Huang, Long Wang, Jinzhi Wang, Some applications of small gain theorem to interconnected systems, Systems and Control Letters, 2004, 52(3-4): 263-273.